Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My therapist keeps telling me to journal.......

.....so logically the narcissist in me, decided to publish my thoughts to anyone who will read.  Let me introduce myself and highlight some of the key topics which will entertain my followers.

I moved to California in 2004, from the midwest.  I've lived in Southern California for several years and now live in Northern California with my husband. (meet in 2009, married in 2011) He is a great guy, who is very supportive, but that doesn't mean I don't have a lot to say about marriage!!! We do not have kids, but my biological clock is ticking.... loudly.

I work from home for a mid-sized company with a ridiculous amount of marquee clients on the fortune 500 list.  My job is to smooze them and upsell them more Human Resources Widgets.  I get an up-close and personal look at how completely fucked up the decision making process is in many companies. I travel, a lot. 

I worked as a recruiter for many years, I have lots of job advice and plan to share many hilarious stories about how to guarantee your UNemployability.  People are dumb and do dumb things, all the time. My first piece of job advice, don't do dumb things during an interview.  I've also been canned, twice, and will be publicly licking my wounds.  I'll share the story of how I was blindsided and how my once bitten twice shy attitude not only got me sacked, but also my best friend as well. 

I love books, movies, politics, and reality television. I have LOTS of opinions in this area and rarely get to voice them for fear of offending friends.  Since you are here at your own free will, consider yourself warned, I will not be applying a PC filter.  WooHoo, I can't wait!  

I love Pinterest - I just started a profile for my moniker... pinning anonymously sounds like a lot of fun.  I also created a facebook and twitter page, please follow me and share with your friends.  I know everything is really bare right now, but the best advice I have received is just to start somewhere.  

Topics you can expect in the near future
  • Working from home
  • Stupid Decisions large companies make
  • What not to do during the interview process
  • Marriage
  • Midwest
  • Pop Culture
  • Politics

Cheers to a brighter tomorrow!
Rosie Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment